Sunday, March 29, 2015

Oh Scrap! Progress



Recently I took out my small bin of 2.5 inch scraps and started making 16-patches.  I didn’t have a setting design in mind so I started experimenting:
 
The picture shows more contrast and less busy than in reality.  What looks like solid black is really white dots on black, so it really looks pretty cluttered.  I'm definitely going to change out the sashings and go with a light color instead; and maybe red stars. 


Decisions, decisions?!!  I’m going to have to take a look at google images because there are thousands of wonderful settings for 16-patches – I’ll find a good one.


This is what I might do with the sashings that are made now:


The little zoo babies are surrounded by surfing sayings - I sure wonder what the whole fabric line looked like!

Linking up to the Oh Scrap! party over at Quilting is more fun than Housework’s blog.


5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your 16-patch setting with the stars, but I know how that is to have the photo look different than the reality! You have inspried me to try some of those with my 2 1/2 inch scraps!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Your 16 patch setting is great... I like the stars in it! and yes, endless possibilities! Linda

Anonymous said...

A great idea for 2 1/2-inch squares. Color change sounds good, and I'm glad to see the "rejected" sashing will find a home. (Although I follow your blog, I found the link on Oh Scrap! first. Funny.)

Andrea @ Mouse in My Pocket said...

Those 16-patch blocks are great, and I love your original sashings with that fun animal print. It would make such a nice simple baby quilt, that would still be a lot of fun, especially if you chose some awesome quilting in the solid blocks. Best of luck deciding on the final setting for those 16-patches.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

What a great sashing treatment for those blocks. I Do like the black sashing with those rainbow blocks but I am not seeing the quilt in person. Thanks for sharing this with Oh Scrap!