Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Quilting for Others



In continuation of my personal volunteer week (once a month), I have quilted up this lovely top made by another member of my CT Quilters Quilts of Valor Group:
 
the binding will be hand-sewn later by a member of the group
Since the backing was a nautical print, I went with the panto called Anchors Aweigh.  Due to a series of “operator errors” (there was absolutely nothing wrong with the panto!), I had nothing but trouble.  First I couldn’t get the tension right using red thread, so I went back to white, then the motifs were too big and I couldn’t get them smaller, then I forgot to measure to the bottom and had to cut off the anchors … but since it’s done and nobody knows but you and me, it’s still cool – lol!


And then I opened up the first Project Linus quilt and it was lighthouses and sailboats!  So I started fresh and got that Anchors Aweigh panto working properly right off the bat.  Oh sure, it’s always easy if you perform the right keystrokes and do it right the first time.  This was a darling top to work on … the colors don’t do it justice.  I love it!



And this is a Wrap-a-Smile top that I finished up and will get to quilting soon.  It is #2 on my Stashbuster’s list so it needs to be finished in February for the UFO Challenge.  Easy-peasy to plan for, huh?!!  It’ll get done … I love those puppies …


No comments: