Monday, January 5, 2015

Let the “Oh Scrap!” Begin!



I have been wanting to use up my smallish stash of 1930s reproduction fabrics and 2015 is the Year.to.Make.It.Happen…

I saw an advertisement in a magazine of a pattern to come in 2015 and decided that I liked the look so much that I would just wing it with the dimensions.  This is my starting stash of 30s:


And these are the blocks that I have begun making for the Oh Scrap linky party over at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.
 
framed 9-patches
I would have made a few more this morning, but somebody who shall remain nameless was insisting that it was time for lunch.


She is not allowed up in the sewing room – not because she is too furry (which she is) but because I drop too many pins and she likes to roll around on the Berber carpet – must feel good.

But I will be back at making more 30s blocks this evening and should have enough for a reasonable size kid’s quilt soon.  Thanks for the chance to link, Cynthia!

2 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Love these little blocks! Perfect use for those 30's prints. I look forward to seeing this quilt progress. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Pam said...

Love the framed 9 patch. And they look fabulous in the 30's repro's!