Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Making Something for Me



I took a break from my usual charity quilting to make a little something for me.  Well, actually, it is a Monster-size something for me!


I signed up for a class last week to learn how to make a Mat Carrier Tote and Ruler Caddy so I could easily drag all of my supplies to classes and group meetings.


This thing really is huge since my large 17 x 24 inch mat fits into the pocket inside.


And the Ruler Caddy fits my 6 x 24 inch ruler easily.




I picked a whimsical owl fabric for the Caddy and the Tote has eyeballs (hiding in the aspen leaves quilting) and cute owls quilted across the bottom.


I love how it turned out and it will be very useful and protect my supplies.

Oh, and while we’re doing cute things, these are the new birdhouses in my neighbor’s backyard.  Since I regularly feed the birds (and inadvertently the squirrels), we were laughing that together we were now running a Bed and Breakfast!


Too cute …

1 comment:

Ginny said...

It's really nice and love the B&B in the backyard too!