Monday, September 29, 2014

Some Finishes and a Trip Away



Before we left for vacation, I was able to send these two off to Wrap-Them-in-Love.  They are destined for an orphanage in India:





I was in a rush to complete them and I forgot to quilt the one with Gila Monsters in the Gila Monster panto that I haven't used yet – fortunately, I still have some of that fabric so I can do that next time!  Both of these were quilted with a quick and easy panto called Cotton Candy.

We had a great time in North Carolina – the temperatures were wonderful and we were able to play a lot of golf.


Got rather cool at night (in the fifties), but a sweatshirt was all that was needed in the mornings and that was down to a T-shirt by late morning.  Such a very pleasant change from FL this time of year!

We saw some of the trees with leaves that had turned colors but not many:


And there were deer all over the first day (even right next to the cart path), and then we barely saw them again:



One of our friends that has moved up to NC found this cute shop with lots of barn blocks and a Model A in front.  It wasn’t a quilt shop, but I was able to help the economy anyway.  I bought a really nice magnetic enameled eyeglasses holder so I can find my reading glasses up in the sewing room.  And I also picked up a lovely pottery mug so I can stay in my sewing room all day if I want to!



I do have a third quilt that didn’t make it into the box to WTIL.  I’ll get its picture up tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Welcome back! I am in Fl too. Hope to see you soon.
G